Sunday, September 13, 2015

Just Breathe

When I attended my program orientation last month, all I could think about as information that I didn't know during my time as a non-matriculated student was that this shit just got real.

It's not that I didn't take my non-matriculated status seriously. I did. But, I was so consumed with into the program and proving that I could do the work. Now that I am here, there's all this stuff that probably could have been done earlier, that is, if I had known about it. Stuff like that drives me crazy. I hate not knowing where I am going. I like to plan. I like to make contingencies, because as we all know, shit happens. That's one thing that my years as a lawyer has taught me...always be ready for whatever happens.

But, this is different. My academic plan is supposed to be completed by the time I hit a certain number of credits. Well, I am three credits away of the deadline.

And, the anxiety begins to brew...

My advisor is pretty cool about it. "It will get done", she says.

Of course in my type A brain, all I can think is "When am I supposed to do this when I've got coursework, my job and a whole host of crap going on"  I feel as if I am already behind...and I hate being behind.  I hate uncertainty.

OK, breathe...

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day that my advisor and I narrow down a plan on how to get all of this real shit done. I know that once I have a plan and work the plan, I am unstoppable.

I just have to remember to breathe. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello friend! I really like your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad it wasn't just goodbye forever. I like this new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! I like it too!

    ReplyDelete